The West Midlands Cat Clinic logo
01922 411755

Call us: 01922 411755

Lily danger

With Easter this weekend, the shops are full of bouquets and beautiful spring flowers. If you are planning to take flowers into a cat-owning household, please avoid bouquets with lilies. They are extremely toxic to cats, and can cause kidney damage and even death if any part of the lily is ingested. Even drinking water from a vase that contains lilies can be dangerous, as can cats licking pollen from their coats. Seek immediate veterinary help if you think your cat has eaten any part of a lily as prompt treatment is crucial.

Click here for more information on lily poisoning and keeping cats safe.